SEO services that professional companies should offer you:
- Online Market research – Competitor and industry research, research into the psychology of the targeted audience, keyword research etc.
- On-site optimisation – On-site changes that are made in order to improve search engine rankings. On-page optimisation can include improving keyword density, writing headings and meta tags, cleaning source code, setting up links etc.
- Copywriting – Writing content for your website is an important part of any search engine optimisation campaign. It doesn’t matter if your website ranks #1 if the words don’t communicate your message and make the sale.
- Off-site optimisation and marketing – Includes setting up external links, partnerships, manual submission to search engines, directories, setting up ads etc.
- Tracking and ROI Analysis – Tracking traffic changes and patterns as well as accurate ROI analysis is what makes a SEO campaign successful or not.
You should expect to pay for all of the above services, they are all part of search engine optimisation and they all require time, knowledge and other resources in order to be successfully carried out. Some other aspects of SEO consultancy that are likely to incur costs are:
- Email and phone consultations
- Client training and education
- Preparation of reports and other documents and materials related to services to be provided